I am long overdue for something terrible to happen. It has been something like seven months since the last life-shatteringly horrible event took place, and I feel like one is coming up.
1. I will not be readmitted to UNL. I have yet to hear back from the Dean of Students regarding my hearing an so forth. I have done as much as possible on my end so far, so I am mostly just waiting to hear back.
2. Something will go wrong with my cousin’s baby. Granted this doesn’t involve me much but it would just fit. I know my whole family is excited about this whole pregnancy thing, but it hasn’t gone well so far and who knows how it will work out.
3. Something will go wrong with my grandfather’s surgery. Tomorrow my grandpa goes in for minor surgery and I have no idea how that will turn out. Considering his age (nearly 89) and history of other health problems, any number of things could go wrong and probably will.
Somewhat less serious possibilities:
1. I won’t be able to do/finish my phlebotomy clinical on the Fort. This is more than possible given the immense bureaucracy I’m dealing with. Honestly, I think the President himself has to sign off on this before I’m allowed to start. It has already been 4 weeks since I started this process and I have no idea how close I am to finishing it.
2. I will not be able to find a job at UNL and I will have to eat cardboard and sand.
3. I will not be able to take certain classes at UNL (two that I want to take are already nearly full and I won’t be able to register for another couple of weeks). I’m hoping that my senior status and sad puppy dog eyes will make it possible for me to get overrides if necessary. Curse the general studies program and my need to take a class about gender. Also, Automata theory for being so damned popular.
4. I will rupture and die horribly somehow. My exceptional record of exceptional bad luck is enough to make me accept that something like this is in the works. I am waiting to see what body part is going to fail on me.